910 Wallace Avenue | Leitchfield, KY 42754 | 270-259-9400
Cenla Medication Access Program
The Rapides Foundation in 2001 created the Cenla Medication Access Program in response to Community Health Assessments showing that among the barriers to healthcare access, the high cost of prescription medications impacted the greatest number of Central Louisiana adults. CMAP offers free medications to eligible clients. CMAP also provides education on the importance of appropriate medication usage.
While CMAP administers other programs of The Rapides Foundation, its focus on medication access continues to grow and evolve to meet the needs of the community. Today, CMAP is offered statewide, providing free medications to eligible individuals through its Patient Assistance Program and its Central Fill Pharmacy. In addition, CMAP partners with Rapides Regional Medical Center to provide free or low-cost medications to patients who visit the hospital or the HP Long Outpatients Clinics.
CMAP has helped approximately 20,000 people across Louisiana get the free prescriptions they need to maintain their health. CMAP has approximately 1200 active clients, with more than 1400 physicians referring their patients to the program.
Patient Assistance Program specialists work closely with rural clinics and primary care practices to provide patients' prescriptions, and CMAP is able to expand its pharmaceutical offerings through its Central Fill Pharmacy and partnerships with pharmaceutical companies.
Patient Eligibility Requirements and Application
Client must reside in Louisiana
Income must be at or below 250% Federal Poverty Level
Client must not have any prescription coverage or Medicaid
Client must be over 18 years of age
Required Forms for application to Cenla Medication Access Program CMAP Application Income Guidelines 4506T Request for Transcript of Tax Return
Physician ParticipationCMAP is a nonprofit Central Fill Pharmacy which has acquired contracts with several drug manufacturers to provide us with bulk donation medications. These contracts allow CMAP to offer free medications to your patients who meet certain guidelines.
What does this mean to you and your staff?
1. Patients may now receive medications that they may otherwise be unable to afford.
2. Less paperwork; no individual applications are required for these particular medications.
3. Wait time for medications drastically reduced to less than a week.
Benefits of CMAP:
1. Decreased wait time for medication delivery to clients compared to PAP
2. Decreased paperwork for physicians
3. Decreased paperwork for clients
4. Creates centralized records that allow pharmacist counseling for drug interactions, difficult dosing requirements, etc.
5. Provides patient-specific labeling on bottles that help with compliance
Want to learn more?
Contact CMAP Email: email@example.com
Toll Free: 888-443-7494